The original fleet purchased in 1939
From left, Fargo No. 4, Maple Leaf No. 3, White No. 5, Chevs No’s 1 & 2.
Bus No. 5
Crossing over The Entrance Bridge before the bridge was replaced with the current two lane bridge.
Pedestrians had to stand in little alcoves off to the side of the bridge to allow traffic to pass.
Bus No. 7
This was the first rear engine bus in NSW.
Ray Parsons - Driver
Bus No. 11
Collides with a boat at The Entrance bridge.
The boat may have been at fault.
Ray Parsons was not driving.
Buses No. 8 & No. 12
Loading passengers from the Sydney train at Gosford Station.
Buses No’s, 1, 2, 15, 16, 3 & 8
Parked in Denning Street at The Entrance outside the original depot.
Lance Whalan & Ken Fogo
Bus No. 23
Turning from The Entrance Road into Torrens Ave, The Entrance outside the Lakes Hotel.
Note Double Decker No. 24 behind.
Yes! Red bus also operated Double Decker buses.
Bus No. 2
Bo Graham at the Bateau Bay Depot.
Bus No. 32
Ray Parsons at Bateau Bay 21/1/2016.
Then and Now. The Entrance Road at Stella St, Long Jetty, note the telegraph pole on the left.